Monday, June 27, 2011

starting over

The title of this post is "starting over" because I did write my first blog entry a couple weeks ago, but decided I would just trash it and start fresh. There a few things I think I would like to use this blog for --> 1) documenting changes (hopefully positive changes? haha) in our house, like projects and upgrades, or just artwork; 2) keeping myself motivated to become a healthier person; 3) expressing creativity or just sharing something creative; 4) random stuff, of course!

Today in the mail I got the book "Crazy Sexy Diet" which I got because one of my friends on Facebook is doing it (it's a 21 day cleanse). She was posting these pictures of green drinks, which got my attention, and sounded interesting (drinks that have kale, cucumber, celery, apple, and other healthful things). I also bought a juicer and am very excited to use it! N and I will be starting this after his vacation in a couple of weeks. It will take a bit of planning and of course I have to read the book first so I know what I'm doing. I want to document how I'm feeling during the cleanse, and I want to write everyday so I can stay motivated.

Yesterday, N and his dad and I went to a Tigers game. I realized that I haven't been to a Tigers game since 2008 and that's so sad! It was a gorgeous day and the game was great (and the Tigers won which doesn't hurt). Here is the view from our seats (usually we sit way in the back, and this time we were on the first level):


I really want to try to do more fun things in my life I spend so much time at work, probably 45 hours a week, and I just feel like I don't have enough time in the day just to experience the fun parts of life. When I get home from work, I am often just too tired to do much of anything. I just need to make more effort to plan things on the weekend. I also want to do a lot of my chores before work, so that I don't have to spend my entire Saturday doing housework.

I have a 4 day weekend coming up, and while I do plan on getting a lot of work done (painting the bedroom!!), I also want to plan some fun things. I am mostly just glad to NOT go to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment